For this one moment in time I’ll cross my fingers in the hope that one of my two least active “followers”– my mother and husband – will continue to “support” Be-Quoted from a distance and bypass this post like they have done most of the others…lol. Why? Because in this post I will rip them a new one for ignoring my very lovely and insightful posts! Just kidding. I’ll save that post for after the holidays. Instead, I’m offering up a simple gift guide for the long-distance mother who delights in sentimental and thoughtful gifts.
To: Momie, From: Daughter, With Love:
- 5-Piece Luggage Set with Personalized Luggage Tags – Unfortunately I live 3000 miles from my family. Fortunately, my mother visits at least twice a year. A luggage set of decent quality can be purchased for as little as $99. We’d recommend Tag Fairfield II 5-piece Luggage Set or U.S. Traveler Rio 2-piece Set.
- Comforter Set with Complementary Bathroom Coordinates – I am thee comforter set connoisseur! I shop for a new comforter every season. I can’t see why any mom wouldn’t like such a fabulous gift.
- I-Pod with pre-loaded music. Load Mom’s I-Pod up with classic hits you remember her dancing to while cleaning the house, or the tunes that bring back a bit of nostalgia from Mom’s high school prom or wedding day, coupled with modern hits that she can appreciate.
- Camera with scrapbook tools and a gift card to cover the cost of prints at Mom’s local photo center. If within your budget, a photo printer would nicely accompany the camera.
- Mom proof, easy-to-use phone with Tango preset – If you aren’t familiar, Tango is free video calling service. Think Face Time.
- Wine Cooler or Wine Rack – Pre-filled with wine of course!
- Flight Gift Card – Can easily be sent via e-mail. No shipping and handling necessary.
- Spa Package
- Nook Tablet
- D.I.Y. Entertainment Basket – Basket filled with Mom’s favorite beverage, snack(s), theatre or movie tickets, CDs, DVDs, books, restaurant gift card, home-made cookies, or whatever it is that floats Mom’s boat.